The most immediate symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are headaches and dizziness. If you are feeling light-headed and unable to focus, this could be a sign of excessive inhalation.
Advanced signs can include hallucinations, confusion, and depression. If you have been in a closed space for a period of time and experience these symptoms, immediately seek fresh air.
Another level of poisoning involves abdominal pain and vomiting. A combination of these along with other symptoms should be taken seriously.
Keep you and your family or business safe from carbon monoxide and other gases with portable toxic gas monitors from Environmental Sensors.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged ammonia sensor, ammonia sensors, environmental sensors, formaldehyde detector, gas monitor portable, hydrogen sulfide monitors, nitrogen meter, portable gas monitors, sulfur dioxide detector, sulfur dioxide sensor, toxic gas monitors
- Use Ovens for Cooking: In the frigid winter months, it may be tempting to crank up any heat-producing device for warmth around the house. However, letting your oven run for warmth can cause gas leaks and other problems that put you and your family at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. To avoid this chance, only use your oven for cooking.
- Clean Chimneys: Left dirty, chimney and flue debris can build up in your chimneys and vents, preventing proper ventilation. Be sure to clean your vents regularly to avoid this issue.
- Check Detectors: Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas, so in many ways your detectors are your only protection against this poison. Check your carbon monoxide detectors regularly, to ensure they will protect you in the future.
Do you need carbon monoxide detectors for your home or business? Environmental Sensors Co. offers leading carbon monoxide detectors, to give you and your family peace of mind.
Carbon Monoxide poisoning can occur from appliances such as furnaces, water heater and cooking ranges that are not kept in proper working order. Symptoms include a dull headache, dizziness and nausea.
Ammonia leaks can be quite dangerous, as the chemical is very flammable and fatal if inhaled. Luckily there is a very noticeable smell associated with ammonia. Avoid any contact and get outdoors immediately.
Chlorine is a chemical with an odor most associated with bleach. It can cause wheezing and difficulty breathing and should only be used in well ventilated areas.
Protect your home or workplace with proper monitoring for hazardous chemicals. Environmental Sensors has all your monitoring needs.